Limited Opening of Masjid
Respected Brothers & Sisters,
Assalamu ‘Alaikum wa Rahmatullah.
Alhamdulillah. All praise and thanks is due to Allah and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
We, the management of DCC/Baitul Aman Masjid, are pleased to announce that the government of Ontario has announced that effective Friday June 12, 2020, at 12:01 am All Places of Worship will be permitted to open with some conditions. Therefore, the management of DCC would like to request all Musallis to abide by the following directives and guidelines during attending any prayer.
Guidelines for Attending Salat
(01) Baitul Aman Masjid will be open for Jumu’ah & all 5 daily prayers with a limited capacity of 30% . So ONLY 68 persons will be permitted to enter the Masjid for any Jama’at.
(02) Please keep a two metre distance from others at all times.
(03) Please bring your own face mask and gloves and wear them at all times.
(04) Please use your own Prayer Mat (Jaynamaz) and don’t share it with others.
(05) Please keep your shoes with you in a bag and don’t use shoe racks.
(06) Please make wudu at home, because washrooms will not be available for use.
(07) There will be three Jama’at for Jumuah according to the following schedule:
(08)Only 13 to 70 years old people are allowed to join in congregational prayers
(09) Please offer all Sunnah and Nafl Prayers at home. So disperse immediately after Salat.
(10) People who have any health issues are requested NOT to attend.
(11) People who have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone affected by COVID-19 or have recently travelled are also requested NOT to attend.
(12) NO handshakes or hugging (Musafahah or Mu’anaqah) under any circumstances.
(13) All weekly Halaqas will be conducted through online by Zoom app.
While the safety of our patrons is our highest priority, we cannot guarantee you safety from COVID-19 or any other health risks. So your attendance at DCC/Baitul Aman Masjid is at your own risk. DCC will not be held liable for any complications arising from visiting our center.
Your cooperation to abide by the above-mentioned directives and guidelines will be highly appreciated.
Danforth Community Center, Baitul Aman Masjid
(Maghrib to Isha)
(Maghrib to Isha)
Please join weekly halaqah with your family and friends.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Alhamdulillah! the month of Dhul Hijja began on July 22 and the Day of Arafat (9th of Dhul Hijja) will be on July 30 and the Day of Eid al Adha on Friday, July 31.
May Allah SWT keep all of us safe, accept our good deeds and sacrifice and grant us all the rewards of these difficult times.
InShaAllah! we will be holding 7 Eid Jamaat in a limited and controlled manner. As we know that COVID-19 remains a serious health risk and we need to do our part to minimize the spread of the virus.
Eid Jamaat Scheduled:
1st Jamat @ 7:00 AM
2nd Jamat @ 7:45 AM
3rd Jamat @ 8:30 AM
4rth Jamat @ 9:15 AM
5th Jamat @ 10:00 AM
6th Jamat @10:45 AM
7th Jamat @ 11:30 AM
Each prayer is open to 140 registered participants only (brothers and sisters) Social distancing will be strictly observed.
Registration is required for every attendees before enter prayer hall to ensure compliance with the law.
Gates close before prayer begins so please arrive early to check in.
Please check our Mandatory Requirements before registering. Age above 70 and children under 13 are not allowed to attend congregations.May Allah accept your good deeds in these days of Hajj, and grant you and yours a blessed Eid.
Please note that attendance will be allowed only for those who register.
Donate generously for the sake of Allah.
DCC (Baitul Aman Masjid) Management
3114 Danforth Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1L 1B1
Important Announcement # 2
March 17, 2020
Dear brothers & Sisters, As-Salamu alaikum wrt wbt,
As per the latest strong recurrent recommendations from both the Canadian federal and provincial governments and public health officials in addition the Muslim Medical Association of Canada and the Council of Imams, we would like to bring to your attention the following important announcements:
1. As of Today March 17, with deep sadness we will be temporarily Closing the Center for the Public including for Jumu’ah Salat and the daily Salat prayers until March 31, 2020.
Nevertheless, we assure you that insha Allah the Adhan will be called for all the times and every Salat will be performed at the Centre by our Imam, his assistants and the administration.
2. For the time being, all the following critical services will continue as usual:
1) Counselling & Family support (For appointment, Call us or Email us)
2) Janazah and Burial arrangements (Call us or Email us)
3) Donations Drop off (Please support your Centre in these difficult times to the best of your ability!)
Let us pray more for one another in these difficult times!
Jazakumu Allahu khayran for your cooperation!
Danforth Community Center & Baitul Aman Masjid
Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullah
Dear Respected Members of DCC,
As you know, due to Corona virus the Covid-19 pandemic and the state Emergency, the Baitul Aman Masjid has been closed since mid March for the safety of every individual in our community. Our Masjid continues to provide some services, such as online pre-Ifter Halaqah, play audio Quran recitation, khutbahs and counseling for people who are facing challenges dealing with these difficult times.
This situation will most likely continue for weeks or even months.
Usually, in Ramadan daily approximately 700- 1000 people attend in congregation and donate regularly from the beginning of month. Specially Friday and Ramadan daily source of income has been removed from us. The covid 19 left the Masjid in financial crises. May Allah protect all Masajid.
The Masjid needs your generous and kind support to help with operating expenses such as monthly bank payment, maintenance, utilities and insurance etc.
Without your kind donations, we can’t sustain these operations. Your financial support through donations and Qarz-e-Hasanah is urgently needed. Please be generous with your donations in this blessed month for the house of Allah.
You can make your donations using any of the five ways below:
1. Email a cheque directly to DCC @ email@example.com with your details and amount.
2. By e-transfer to the DCC email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
3. By Canada Helps online at the DCC website: http://www.danforthcommunitycenter.org/donate
4. By cheque mailed to the DCC mailing address.
5. By dropping off your donations, fitra, Zakat, Sadaqah and cheque donation to the Masjid between 12 pm – 10:30 pm every day.
All donations you receive a tax receipt, so please provide your mailing address and email with your donations so we send you tax receipts.
Please note that the Masjid needs your generous donation now more than any other time.
Our beloved the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said: “Give charity without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity.” (Al-Tirmidhi)
Again we need your immediate help to reach our Goal of $150,000. Please donate now!
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
If I had (a mountain of) gold, I would love that, before three days had passed, not a single (coin) thereof remained with me if I found somebody to accept it (as charity), excluding some amount that I would keep for the payment of my debts. Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Hadith 334
Finally, we humbly request everyone to donate minimum $500
May Allah accept all our fast and donations. Ameen!
Jazak Allah Kair,
On behalf of DCC Management: Muhammad Kamruzzaman
Bank Direct Deposit
Account Information: TD Canada Trust
BankAccount #: 0032-5223117
Transit # 00322
Institution # 004
Swift Code: TDOMCATTTOR
(FOR U.S $ ONLY)
Routing # 026009593
CRA Registration # 80625 7218 RR0001
Khutbah: 1:30 pm
Salat: 1:40 pm
Khutbah: 2:15 pm
Salat: 2:25 pm
Khutbah: 3:00 pm
Salat: 3:10 pm
Danforth Community Center o/a Baitul Aman Mosque is located on the border of East Toronto and Scarborough. A full-service masjid, Baitul Aman, offers many services to the community including five daily prayers, Friday prayer, weekend, evening & summer Islamic school.
Goals of the mosque include providing lectures and symposiums, dawah, religious instruction, support services for immigrants, refugees and the unemployed and fostering inter and intra-faith dialogue.
As the mosque is located in, “Little Bengal” many in the community are of Bangladeshi origin. The masjid, however, welcomes Muslims and non-Muslims of any background and has English-speaking, as well as Bangla speaking staff. There are two jumah services every Friday, at 1:30 pm and at 2:40 pm.
The mosque includes a large prayer room for sisters accessible from the rear of the building. Brothers and sisters washrooms are in the basement of the building – with one handicap washroom (please ask the mosque staff for the key) on the main floor.
Baitul Aman Mosque is conveniently located near the Bloor-Danforth subway line (the Victoria Park subway station is a short walk from the mosque) and several TTC bus lines (Bus # 113, 20, and 12 with 24 and 67 stopping nearby). There is a large on-site parking lot for those who come by car.
The masjid took over the former location of the Tropical Nights Caribbean restaurants. Some renovations have been done in order to make the space functional as a mosque, but many more remain and the community is also trying to raise money to build new masjif.
DCC New Mosque Project