3114 Danforth Ave, Toronto, ON M1L1B1, Canada
Mar 06 Dr. Md. Masum Sarker Azhari
mar 13 Dr. Md. Masum Sarker Azhari
Mar 20 No Jum'ah and Khutbah
Mar 27 No Jum'ah and Khutbah
Please join weekly halaqah with your family and friends.
Important Announcement # 2
March 17, 2020
Dear brothers & Sisters, As-Salamu alaikum wrt wbt,
As per the latest strong recurrent recommendations from both the Canadian federal and provincial governments and public health officials in addition the Muslim Medical Association of Canada and the Council of Imams, we would like to bring to your attention the following important announcements:
1. As of Today March 17, with deep sadness we will be temporarily Closing the Center for the Public including for Jumu’ah Salat and the daily Salat prayers until March 31, 2020.
Nevertheless, we assure you that insha Allah the Adhan will be called for all the times and every Salat will be performed at the Centre by our Imam, his assistants and the administration.
2. For the time being, all the following critical services will continue as usual:
1) Counselling & Family support (For appointment, Call us or Email us)
2) Janazah and Burial arrangements (Call us or Email us)
3) Donations Drop off (Please support your Centre in these difficult times to the best of your ability!)
Let us pray more for one another in these difficult times!
Jazakumu Allahu khayran for your cooperation!
Danforth Community Center & Baitul Aman Masjid
March 16, 2020
Dear Respected DCC Members and Musullis,
In light of the growing number of COVID-19 cases locally and across the globe, the DCC management has made the following decisions:
1) To suspend Jumuah prayer on March 20 and 27, 2020.
2) To suspend daily Salah at Baitul Aman Masjid until March 31, 2020. The Masjid will be open during the five daily prayers time, but there will be no Jamaat.
3) To suspend weekend and Evening Madrasah until further notice.
4) To suspend weekly halaqas until further notice.5) The Mosque will be unlocked 15 minutes prior to Salah time and will be locked right after salah.
These decisions are made based on the advice of our scholars as a preventative measure against the spread of COVID-19, and in accordance with the Islamic principles and public health guidance.
Thanks a lot for your understanding and cooperating us in this regard.
We ask Allah (SWT) to accept our intention and reward us with the same reward of praying in the mosque and to forgive us for our shortcomings and for any decisions that may incur His displeasure. Ameen.
DCC and Baitul Aman Masjid
No Jumu'ah Prayer Available
1st Khutbah ...... 1:30 PM
2nd Khutbah...... 2:40 PM
Danforth Community Center o/a Baitul Aman Mosque is located on the border of East Toronto and Scarborough. A full-service masjid, Baitul Aman, offers many services to the community including five daily prayers, Friday prayer, weekend, evening & summer Islamic school.
Goals of the mosque include providing lectures and symposiums, dawah, religious instruction, support services for immigrants, refugees and the unemployed and fostering inter and intra-faith dialogue.
As the mosque is located in, “Little Bengal” many in the community are of Bangladeshi origin. The masjid, however, welcomes Muslims and non-Muslims of any background and has English-speaking, as well as Bangla speaking staff. There are two jumah services every Friday, at 1:30 pm and at 2:40 pm.
The mosque includes a large prayer room for sisters accessible from the rear of the building. Brothers and sisters washrooms are in the basement of the building – with one handicap washroom (please ask the mosque staff for the key) on the main floor.
Baitul Aman Mosque is conveniently located near the Bloor-Danforth subway line (the Victoria Park subway station is a short walk from the mosque) and several TTC bus lines (Bus # 113, 20, and 12 with 24 and 67 stopping nearby). There is a large on-site parking lot for those who come by car.
The masjid took over the former location of the Tropical Nights Caribbean restaurants. Some renovations have been done in order to make the space functional as a mosque, but many more remain and the community is also trying to raise money to buy the building.
Baitul Aman Mosque
3114 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada